Sunday, February 7, 2016

Is It Fair?

Hello readers, this week we are going to go into a bit deeper topic. I apologize for not having a post last week, things happened. So, this week we are going to talk about abortion, whether it should be legal or not. In my personal opinion I feel as if abortion should be legal given certain circumstances. If a person was raped and impregnated they should have the option of keeping the baby or not. What if that baby is a constant reminder of the day that the person was raped? Will that cause the mother to have anxiety attacks? Will it cause the mother to go crazy? Will the mother be able to take care of the child with out hating it? And the answer to these questions are we don't know, we wouldn't know what happened, it all depends of the mother carrying the child. Some rape victim mothers sometimes can't live with the fact that they are carrying their attackers sperm and kill themselves instead of giving birth.  Should a woman be given the option of abortion if she is mentally ill or internally ill? Again in my opinion I believe yes a woman should be given the option because she wouldn't want her child to have the possibility of developing the gene of the illness she has. Though it could be argued that there is a possibility that the child wouldn't be born with the illness as well. What I don't think should be granted abortion rights is if you were irresponsibly and un safely having sex. I understand mistakes happen but if you willingly chose to have sex then you have to live with the responsibility of being a parent . I'm not saying to not have sexual interaction but just be safe and careful before you're a parent too early. So yes, abortion rights should be granted given the circumstances .

3 comments:

  1. This is really interesting. I completely agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on your side as well. I believe women should have the right to abort, it's their decision and it shouldn't be up to the government to make that decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally agree with you on this topic, people never really think of the circumstances that you outlined in this topic.

    ReplyDelete