Friday, April 1, 2016

Homelessness

Homelessness is known to be an extremely hard hitting depressing topic to talk about. America is a first world country, the land of the free, the land of opportunity but why are there so many people out of jobs and homeless today? When you see a homeless person or hear a story about a homeless person your heart can't help but to feel heavy, no one should have to go through that. Living outside in extreme weather conditions are certainly not health, not only do the homeless live outside in severe weather but they are also constantly harassed by the police. Homelessness and police brutality can go hand to hand considering some police officers beat innocent homeless people for just trying to find a place to sleep. What also impacts homelessness is low employment levels and the lack of a job, if the individual can't find a job how will they make money to pay rent or food. There is an argumentative side to this topic where someone could say the homeless chose this lifestyle but that is not always the case. No one deserves to live a life being scared, hungry, and living on the streets, a goal in my life is to help the homeless to the best of my ability. I personally make food baskets to take the homeless and I also volunteer at a food shelter, seeing a homeless person hurts me and I just want to help the homeless for the better.

4 comments:

  1. This is so true and I'm proud of you for doing what you can to help out

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sucks but it's difficult to find out which homeless are hopeless and which aren't. Great article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you, great article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you, great article.

    ReplyDelete